We Also have How To Videos Available on our Video page.
- Do I need an APP to use the Pet P.I Tag?
- (Answer) Yes, download our app MYPETSPi in the “Google Play” store for android and the “App Store” for Iphone
How long does the battery last and can I change it?
- (Answer) The expected battery life is between 1 to 2 yrs but this is not guaranteed. You can order a replacement battery from our website when necessary
- Why isn’t my pet tag showing up when I use the PetPi Locator
- (Answer 1.) You may have muted the notification. To unmute open the PetPi locator, click on the 3 dots in the top right corner then click on blocked tags, then unblock your tag
- (Answer 2.) You may not be in range of your pets tag. The PetPi tag uses Bluetooth Low Energy Technology. You should be within 300 ft of your pets tag to discover it. We have tested beyond 300 ft in open site.
I have multiple pets, how do I know which tag belongs to each pet when using the PetPi Locator.
- (Answer) each Pet P.I tag has a 4 character id, which will appear separately when you use the Petpi Locator. Verify this by the the 4 characters located on the back of the Pet P.I tag.
Do I have to pay a monthly fee?
- (Answer) There are no monthly fees. When you purchase your Pet P.I tag It is yours forever. Just change the battery when necessary, We do charge a re-activation fee of $10 after the first year and every year thereafter. This is to keep the monitoring call center and services running.
How does the PetPi tag send a MPN (missing pet notification)
- (Answer) Your Pet P.I tag uses Bluetooth low energy. When you report your pet missing, we will send out a MPN and a Missing Pet Banner to all of the members using the PetsPi app. If one of these members encounters your pet, they will be able to use the Petpi Locator to view your pets information and contact our monitoring center. Note: Even if someone who’s not a member finds your pet. They will be able to scan the QR code one the back of the PetPi tag to contact us.
Why is my pets photo horizontal instead of vertical/portrait?
- (Answer) We recommend taking your pets photo first, then upload it to the profile. If not, just turn your phone the opposite way when taking the photo.
How do I update my notes etc, when I’m away from my pet.
- (Answer) Just use the “members login” in the PetsPi app.
- Can I transfer my tag to another pet?
- (Answer) Yes, It’s your tag. Just log into your Pet’s profile and change the information.
Is the tag weather proof?
- (Answer) Yes your Pet P.I tag is weather proof but we don’t recommend leaving it under water.
How do I report my pet missing? OR If I find a missing Pet?
- (Answer) Report missing pets by calling us or completing the form on our website. https://www.mypetspi.com/alert
How will the groomer, vet, or sitter able to see my pet’s notes?
- They can use any QR code scanner to scan the back of the Pet tag, but you should recommend them to download the PetsPi app.
Is my personal information visible to the public?/Can anyone contact me if they find my pet or is it just members?
- (ANSWER) When you register your Pet P.I tag, your personal information such email address is not public information. It will not be shared. If you enter a phone number, it will be available to your Pet sitter, Groomer, and Vet. Note: If you report your pet missing and someone finds your pet “not just PetPi members”. They will be able to scan the QR code one the pet tag to contact you or our monitoring center. Our monitoring center is always the obvious first choice.
- What is the sticker on the back of the PetsPi Tag?
- (Answer) The sticker is a QR code, this can be used by anyone with a cell phone to get your pet’s profile information. Use cases are, your pet sitter, groomer, vet and if your pet is found by anyone.
- Does the PetPi tag come with a warranty?
- (Answer) Yes 1 yr warranty